Tuesday 25 September 2012

My Turn For Some Attention!


After spending most of the day working on my Mom's wreaths this passed Sunday, I decided to give myself a little time. I had made a wreath about a month ago for the Fall. It was about 40 degrees Celsius out when I made it, so I was sweating my butt off and thinking about how much I wanted the Fall to arrive. Well, it arrived this weekend with cool temperatures and a little rain. It was the perfect time to hang up my simple Fall wreath I had fallen in love with.

I once again used the stick wreath (seriously... the possibilities are ending with these things!!!!) and some beautiful red burlap ribbon I had purchased.

I wanted to hang it on my front door but I don't have a wreath hook and I hate having to use fishing line or chicken wire to hang them up. I had seen something on Pinterest (my fav website EVERRRRR) where someone had taken a 3M hook, and hung it upside down on the inside of the door. I thought this was brilliant because you could hang it off that hook and flip the wreath over the door. I was so excited! Easy, clean and I know I'm not going to come home from work and have the wreath smashed to bits on the front step.

The 3M hook upside down on the back of the door

Although the wreath is very simple, I think it has the right feel for the season and I love the red ribbon on my red door. No matter what mood I am in, I can come home from work, walk up to that door, come in the house and feel like I am home. There is no better feeling. :) 

Finished wreath

After everything was said and done, I took a super hot shower which is another one of my favourite things to do in the Fall. I got into my favourite sweatpants, and hung out with my favourite little guy. :) The perfect Sunday!

Dexter and I cuddling up!

No comments:

Post a Comment