Sunday, 29 September 2013

Chocolate Drops

These cookies are probably the best cookies you will ever eat. No, I am not exaggerating either! This a recipe that my grandmother passed down to my Mom, and my Mom passed down to me. They are very easy, fast, and unbelievably delicious! I always make them for work pot lucks, parties and now they are requested by everyone I know all through the year!

I have seen many different variations of this recipe but trust me, this one is just right!

Ingredients

2 cups sugar
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
3 cups oatmeal
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
6 tbsp cocoa

This makes about 30-40 cookies depending on the size you make. Feel free to double the recipe as well if you are making them for a party or function. They freeze well or you can keep out for about a week or so in an airtight container... But they probably won't even last a week if you are anything like my family!

Directions

In a large pot melt the butter. Add sugar, milk, cocoa and vanilla.

This is my favourite part. The smell is amazing and I love string all the cocoa chucks out.

It is very important to let the mixture come to a STRONG boil. Let it boil for about a minute. You will see it start to thicken.


Remove from heat and add the oatmeal and coconut. It will look a little runny at first but in a minute or so it will thicken up. If it doesn't, feel free to add a little more oatmeal (but be careful because you don't want them to be too dry). If you are making one batch and your measurements are perfect, you shouldn't have a problem. I only find when you double the recipe that you may have to add in a little more oatmeal.

Perfect consistency

Once combined, drop from a spoon onto waxed paper.

I'm drooling

Let them set (if you can) and once they harden up a little, you can store. 

You won't be disappointed!

And that's it! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I've been fortunate to try Teri's famous chocolate drops and they are the best! thanks for the recipe Teri, this is my project for next weekend.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget