Sunday 29 September 2013

Chocolate Drops

These cookies are probably the best cookies you will ever eat. No, I am not exaggerating either! This a recipe that my grandmother passed down to my Mom, and my Mom passed down to me. They are very easy, fast, and unbelievably delicious! I always make them for work pot lucks, parties and now they are requested by everyone I know all through the year!

I have seen many different variations of this recipe but trust me, this one is just right!

Ingredients

2 cups sugar
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
3 cups oatmeal
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
6 tbsp cocoa

This makes about 30-40 cookies depending on the size you make. Feel free to double the recipe as well if you are making them for a party or function. They freeze well or you can keep out for about a week or so in an airtight container... But they probably won't even last a week if you are anything like my family!

Directions

In a large pot melt the butter. Add sugar, milk, cocoa and vanilla.

This is my favourite part. The smell is amazing and I love string all the cocoa chucks out.

It is very important to let the mixture come to a STRONG boil. Let it boil for about a minute. You will see it start to thicken.


Remove from heat and add the oatmeal and coconut. It will look a little runny at first but in a minute or so it will thicken up. If it doesn't, feel free to add a little more oatmeal (but be careful because you don't want them to be too dry). If you are making one batch and your measurements are perfect, you shouldn't have a problem. I only find when you double the recipe that you may have to add in a little more oatmeal.

Perfect consistency

Once combined, drop from a spoon onto waxed paper.

I'm drooling

Let them set (if you can) and once they harden up a little, you can store. 

You won't be disappointed!

And that's it! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I've been fortunate to try Teri's famous chocolate drops and they are the best! thanks for the recipe Teri, this is my project for next weekend.

    ReplyDelete