Thursday 18 April 2013

Chocolate Toffee Squares

I went to a backyard party a few years ago and a friend of mine made these unbelievable treats. I couldn't believe how fast people were eating them! I asked for the recipe thinking that it was going to be something that was a lot of work and too many ingredients to count. You all know what I'm talking about. One of those recipes your friends give you and it takes days to prepare! No thank you! However, with this one I was shocked to see how easy and fast it was! They were more than delicious! I made a batch after I got the recipe and they literally disappeared in less than an hour! I'm not joking!

They are prefect not only for a backyard party, but Christmas, Birthday parties or even a work pot luck. I hope you give them a try and please let me know how you do!

Ingredients:

1 cup softened butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg yolk
2 cups all purpose flour
1 200g pkg chipits toffee pieces (divided in half)
1 200g pkg chipits chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)




Directions:

Beat butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy.



Add brown sugar, vanilla, egg yolk and mix until combined.



Stir in flour and skor bits (half of the package). Press into a greased backing dish. I used a 10x15.



Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350 or until lightly browned.



Immediately take it out of the oven and sprinkle the whole package of chipits on top and let stand for 5 minutes or until chocolate has softened enough to spread.



Spread chocolate evenly, and sprinkle remaining toffee bits over the chocolate, and let cool completely before cutting.



The original recipe suggests that you let it cool in the fridge, but I tried this once and the chocolate separated from the dough underneath. I prefer to make the day before and let it sit out overnight, but you can make it a few hours before an event and still have a great outcome.



Cut and enjoy the deliciousness!!! You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment