Sunday 27 July 2014

Pinterest Links - Summer Edition

Summer is a great time of year! I am seeing people outside gardening, washing their cars, playing with their children and pets, and getting as much vitamin D as possible!

Spring and summer mean getting outside and taking care of the yard and the garden, trying to be a little healthier (the winter hibernation is over), and it's the time of year where people start doing all the little renovations that they have been putting off during our bitterly cold winter.


So, I have found a few things that I am interested in so I thought it might be something other people were thinking about too. Hopefully they are relevant to some of you, and hopefully you can learn a little something along the way. If it this is something that people like and respond to, I may make it a monthly or weekly thing! Sorry it's just a little exciting to me. I just felt like I should put my overwhelming obsession to Pinterest to good use! I hope you enjoy!
  • I am totally obsessed with this Kale, Banana, Chia, Hemp Superfood Smoothy from Skinnytaste.com. I make it every morning before work and it is not only delish, but I feel so much better that I am getting more vegetables, fruit, fibre and protein! It is also helpful that it is gluten free, dairy free and vegan for people who are into that stuff, and it is a great smoothy to start off your day off right! P.S. the first time I made this smoothy I ended up cleaning my whole kitchen from top to bottom because I had so much energy! My husband thought I had finally lost it! I read about it and apparently this is pretty common the first time you take hemp seeds! I was amazed! I felt great!

  • Ok. These are some of the best muffins I have ever had! These Chocolate Banana Muffins from Texanerian Baking may not look healthy but they really are a lot better then any other muffin I've come across as of late! They are gluten free, grain free and dairy free and are a perfect mid morning snack. (I am actually eating one right now and I cannot say enough how amazing they are). They were easy to make and the majority of the ingredients are readily available at most grocery stores or Bulk Barns. (I couldn't find dairy free chocolate chips though, so mine have dairy in them). Try these. You will not be disappointed!


Lets get onto something that is not edible! 
  • Since the use of pesticides has been banned, we have had to get a little creative in making some weed killers. Our lawn has been overrun with nasty weeds for the last two years and this Spring we are getting started early, and continuing often with the method we found at Creativehomemaking.com. This Homemade Weed Killer is environmentally friendly, inexpensive, and it works! It takes some extra time to get all the ingredients together and mixed, and it kills the weeds slowly, but it works, and it is a good alternative to other expensive weed killers on the market. We just have to make sure we keep up with it this year! Wish us luck!
  • I decided this year I am going to dig up a lot of the ugly bushes that were plated in front of our house and create a beautiful, colourful and fun garden. Easy for me to say! I have never had a green thumb and I kill all the plants I've ever had. So if I am to pursue this endeavour, I am going to have to do some serious research. That is when I came across this great little article from Better Homes & Gardens website. It has the 20 best perennials for your garden. It is great because it have the names of each flower, a great picture, and a little paragraph detailing how to care for each plant and the best conditions for optimal growth etc. It gave me a lot of really great ideas! I still have some more research to do, but this was a great starting point and kind of sparked some inspiration for me!

  • I painted my Craft/Sewing Room a few weeks ago and put together some great storage units to help me get organized. I am more than excited about it! My husband kept laughing at me because he found me in the middle of the room looking around with a smile on my face. It made me so happy to have an organized and inspirational new space. I can't wait to get in there and craft and sew! I still had trouble finding a way to organize my wrapping paper and ribbons so of course I turn to my BFF. Pinterest saves the day, everyday for me! CentsationalGirl.com had a great tutorial for Wrapping Paper/Ribbon Organizer for small spaces. It requires little time and just a few inexpensive supplies. Once finished you can put it up right behind your door to save space and keep it out of the way. I was so excited to find this. It is already on my To-Do list for the summer! 
  • Thinking about all the things we have to do this Summer can get me stressed out! I hate it when there are too many things on my to-do list, and it's even more frustrating when I realize that I don't really have the time to get everything done. I'm sure you know what I mean. So I turn to my old friend Pinterest to help me out. I found this fantastic guild for breathing exercises at Chicrx.com. These 5 Exercises to Quickly Calm Down & Get Happier are really going to come in handy over the next few months. Once I realize that I am human, and I cannot possible get everything done I want to, I will be able to take time and enjoy myself a little more. Thats the idea anyway. 


So I hope these things can help you out a little with this summer being in full swing! I am always looking for great new recipes, awesome ways to make my house more interesting and functional, to get more curb appeal outside, and to strengthen my inner chi! Send aver all your ideas and please follow me on Pinterest. I have thousands of pins so you are bound to find something helpful! It's such an amazing community and it's about time I start giving back! Now get outta here and go Pin!!!



Follow me on Pinterest here!

No comments:

Post a Comment